Thursday, October 31, 2013

Nursery Rhyme Felt Finger Puppets - Humpty Dumpty, Hey Diddle Diddle, Hickory Dickory Dock and the Three Blind Mice

My nephew's beginning to talk. And with really big words! So for his 2nd birthday, I made him a set of nursery rhyme felt finger puppets. I thought it'll be fun to have the characters accompany him during story time with mommy and daddy.

Here are the finger puppets I made for him - you can order your own for Christmas delivery individually or as a set from my shop. International delivery is cheap because they are light and usually fit in a letter envelope.

The very popular Humpty Dumpty:

Humpty Dumpty felt finger puppet handmade by Joanne Rich.
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty felt finger puppet handmade by Joanne Rich.
Oh no! Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!

The very silly nonsense characters in Hey Diddle Diddle:
Hey Diddle Diddle felt finger puppets handmade by Joanne Rich.
The cat playing the fiddle? The laughing dog? Cow jumping over the moon? And the dish running away with the spoon? Super silly indeed!

Hickory Dickory Dock:
Hickory Dickory Dock felt finger puppets handmade by Joanne Rich.
The clock and mouse

The clock's hands are sewn in a way that make them moveable which I hope will be useful when he starts learning to tell time.

And finally the rhyme that everybody sings to, Three Blind Mice:

Three Blind Mice felt finger puppets handmade by Joanne Rich.
Three Blind Mice

Seeing the entire collection of puppets together before wrapping it up brings warm memories of when I learned these rhymes in school. I can't wait to make many more nursery rhyme puppets for my son, Halford, when he's a little older!

Don't forget you can buy these handmade felt finger puppets for your own little ones from my shop. Remember, 50% of profits will go to charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment